Rules and Guidelines for Homeschool Panda (HSP) Community participation.
Welcome to Homeschool Panda, provided by FASHCo, LLC. HSP (HSP Mobile Application, HSP Web Application, Panda Messenger, HSP Services, HSP affiliates, ‘doing business as’ entities) wants your voice to be heard! The HSP Community provides various forums for engaging other users and sharing authentic feedback about experiences, ideas and solutions - positive or negative. These Community Guidelines will help you use Community features, including ‘Connect & Collaborate’, user collaboration, Reviews, Questions & Answers, Profile pages, Directories, Registries and Lists.
We stand by the Community
We encourage anyone who suspects that content manipulation is taking place or that our Guidelines are being violated in any way to notify us. We will investigate the concern thoroughly and take any appropriate actions.
To post Reviews or Answers, post on Discussion Forums, or submit content to followers, you must maintain a valid user profile with HSP services (e.g. HSP Mobile Application, HSP Web Application, Panda Messenger)
HSP reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel subscriptions in its sole discretion. With or without cause and with or without notice, HSP reserves the final right and discretion for allowing, rejecting, continuing, discontinuing, terminating, suspending and / or disclosing of user accounts.
You are responsible and liable for all your activities while participating in any collaborative services area. You are responsible for anything you say or post and for protecting your own computer system. You are responsible for protecting your computer against interference or viruses that may be encountered on this site or on the Internet. We recommend you install a virus protection program on your computer.
HSP collaborative services (e.g. “Connect & Collaborate”) areas are not designed as the primary places to store any materials. You are responsible for creating backups of materials such as photos, documents, and software that you post to any collaboration service. HSP is not responsible for loss of, access to, or deletion or alteration of any materials included in any collaborative service.
HSP reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any sample and/or post to a collaborative service.
Some collaborative services may post Internet website links in their area. Please be advised that HSP is not responsible for the content on the websites associated with the links you may view. Some content and links on the Internet may contain adult content and may not be suitable for children. We encourage parents to join their children as they surf and explore the Internet.
You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own good judgment when evaluating information provided through any collaborative service. Remember that the information provided could be from people of any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions with anyone is your own, and you should conduct your own research prior to making any decisions.
In addition to upholding HSP community rules and guidelines, you are responsible for adhering to all local and national laws that pertain to your location.
Be Helpful and Relevant
The HSP Community is intended to provide helpful, relevant content to user (e.g. fellow homeschooling parents, educators, care givers, responsible adults). Content you submit should be relevant and based on your own honest opinions and experience.
- For Community features focused on a specific topic, you should only submit content related to that topic.
- Reviews and Questions and Answers should be about a particular topic.
HSP values diverse opinions, so you may disagree with some content that you come across. Please keep in mind that something that may be disagreeable to you may not violate our Guidelines. In order to maintain a welcoming environment for all users, your participation in the Community must always be respectful of others. In particular:
- Don't post content that is libelous, defamatory, harassing, threatening, or inflammatory. For example, don't use obscenities or profanity, and don't express hatred or intolerance for people on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender or gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability, including by promoting organizations with such views.
- Don't post content that invades others' privacy. For example, don't post other people's phone numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses, or other personal information, and don't post links to phishing or other malware sites.
- Don't impersonate other people or organizations or pretend to be someone or something you're not.
- Don't repeatedly send messages or requests to other people.
- Don't attempt to drown out other people's opinions, including by posting from multiple accounts or coordinating with others.
- Don't engage in name-calling or attack people based on whether you agree with them.
- You may question the beliefs and expertise of others as long as it is relevant and done in a respectful and non-threatening manner.
Promotions and Commercial Solicitations
In order to preserve the integrity of Community content, content and activities consisting of advertising, promotion, or solicitation (whether direct or indirect) is not allowed, including:
- Creating, modifying, or posting content regarding your (or your relative's, close friend's, business associate's, or employer's) products or services.
- Creating, modifying, or posting content regarding your competitors' products or services.
- Creating, modifying, or posting content in exchange for compensation of any kind (including free or discounted products) or on behalf of anyone else.
- Offering compensation or requesting compensation (including free or discounted products) in exchange for creating, modifying, or posting content.
- Posting advertisements or solicitations, including URLs with referrer tags or affiliate codes.
The only exceptions are:
- You may post content requested by HSP (such as Reviews of materials and/or products you may have used, and answers requested through Questions and Answers). In those cases, your content must comply with any additional guidelines specified by HSP.
- You may post an answer to a question asked through the Questions and Answers feature (but not a question itself) regarding products or services for which you have a financial or close personal connection to the brand, seller, author, or artist, but only if you clearly and conspicuously disclose the connection (e.g., "I represent the brand for this product.").
- You may post content other than Reviews and Questions and Answers regarding products or services for which you have a financial or close personal connection to the brand, seller, author, or artist, but only if you clearly and conspicuously disclose the connection (e.g., "I was paid for this post.").
Book authors and publishers may continue to provide free or discounted copies of their books to readers, as long as the author or publisher does not require a review in exchange or attempt to influence the review.
Inappropriate, Offensive, Illegal Content and Activity
HSP practices zero tolerance on the below:
- Harassing or bullying someone
- Hate speech against any group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity
- Violent content
Content that encourages or supports behavior that is illegal, including violence, fraud, illegal drug use, underage drinking, or child or animal abuse. Examples of prohibited content include:
o Content advocating or threatening physical or financial harm to others, including terrorism.
o Content offering fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, pyramid schemes).
Child safety: We have a zero-tolerance policy towards content that exploits or abuses children. Some examples of this include:
- Child sexual abuse imagery:We will terminate the accounts of any user we find publishing or distributing child sexual abuse imagery. We will also report that user to law enforcement.
- Pedophilia:We do not allow content that encourages or promotes sexual attraction towards children. For example, do not create blogs with galleries of images of children where the collection of images or text accompanying the images is sexually suggestive, and do not publish content of a sexual nature involving an underage participant.
- Sexual Offenders:In order to ensure child safety and to provide our users with peace of mind, we closely monitor National and State Sex Offenders Registry. If a HSP Community participant exhibits clear and present ill-intent towards our position in child safety, then we will probe the matter using all available information (see Privacy Notice) , resources and steps. To learn more about and search the sex offender registry, please visit U.S Department of Justice webpage on https://www.nsopw.gov/. You may also visit sexual offenders and predators’ registry service page for your State in the US. If in Florida, you may visit The Florida Department of Law Enforcement – Florida Sexual Offenders and Predators webpage on http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/homepage.do
Don't post content or interact with other members of the Community in a way that infringes the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of others. Only post your own content or content that you have permission to use.
Additional Guidelines for Reviews
The following guidelines apply to Reviews in addition to the other guidelines set forth above:
- If your review is removed or rejected because it does not comply with our guidelines concerning promotional content, you may not resubmit a review on the same product, even if the resubmitted review includes different content.
- Reviews may only include URLs or links to other pages, content or offerings from HSP.
- When we find unusually high numbers of reviews for a material, product, solution or offering posted in a short period of time, we may restrict the number of reviews on that product.
For some types of content, including Reviews, Answers, and Discussion Boards, you can report possible violations of these Guidelines by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org and entering the reason you believe it violates these Guidelines. Please write “Reporting Abuse” in the subject line and specify in the body of the e-mail, the location of the content and the reason you believe it violates these Guidelines.